Beauty - an intriguing factor of creation. A value that I started to search for during childhood while dressing up in my mother's outfits when she was not at home. Later in life, I found beauty in the work of those who create. Beauty is a feeling that we attribute to something or someone when we are intrigued, inspired, and attracted for reasons beyond understanding.
As a photographer and makeup artist, I have realized that the world in its natural state is so perfect and beautiful, but human nature adapted itself to certain beauty standards Therefore, my job is about determining these standards ,finding the missing puzzle and finding the one's uniqueness for an exceptional picture , which are different to each person. The challenge for me is to understand what each person finds beautiful and do my work according to their standards and desires. Beyond techniques and materials there're so many elements and parts to be brought together such as elegance or mystery, kindness or confidence that require a role in a color or in a light to bring a harmony in the final expression.

Through this blog I want to go back in time and try my mommy's outfits on again, investigate why her lipstick was not matching me and why I looked so awkward walking in her high heels.
I hope you enjoy reading about my journey as I search to understand beauty and cultural standards. You are invited to subscribe and contribute with feedback.
Till soon ...

No comments:
Post a Comment